6 - Youth Brigade "Possible EP"
I have heard way more about this band than I have actually heard them.
Possible E.P.? I love that stupid, youthful, sorta meta “keep the working title” style of album/song names. I still do this with my music frequently. OK - Let's go.
Notes:
- I like that bass tone.
- Do we have “Full Speed Ahead” to blame for every bad slow Bad Religion song? (Note: there are good slow Bad Religion songs too) Oh nevermind - now it sounds like country hardcore. Cowpunk? I don’t know. It’s rad still.
- Wow so much echo and reverb on the fourth song.
- Some of these fit in really well with the Pop Wig sound.
- On the beginning of “No Song,” I feel like I’m marching out to a fictional war.
Idk, like I said in the intro, not every 80’s hardcore band is gonna be for me. This is like, fine. The best song is definitely “No Song II.” Take my word for it. Or don't.
Listen to Dischord no. 6 here.

Comments
Post a Comment