3, 5, 12 - Minor Threat "First Two 7"s" ("1st 7"" and "In My Eyes")
Did Minor Threat rip off Rancid album with this album cover? Not cool, guys.
Not much to say about this that hasn't been said already. Dan Ozzi recently wrote a great piece about Minor Threat that I highly recommend you read it. That article encapsulates a lot of the feelings I have about this band and what they represent to me.
Anyway. I like the title of this blog, but what if I had named it, "icantkeepupicantkeepupicantkeepup.blogspot.com?" Just an idea for you little rascals out there. I'll sell you that URL idea for the price of one Fugazi show.
Top 3 riffs on this Minor Threat compilation:
- Screaming At a Wall
- I don't Wanna Hear It
- Seeing Red
And that bass picking in "12XU." Let's go Brian!
Ok actually screw it, here are a couple MINOR (THREAT) memories that come to mind when I listen to this band.
- At one of Shrug Dealer's early shows, there was a very cute, very short, very wasted woman who was celebrating what had to be at LEAST her 40th birthday whilst dancing around with a beer in her hand, singing along word-for-word to "Minor Threat." She is my favorite person I've ever met.
- I met a guy once who told me he had Ian Mackaye's phone number then proceeded to tell me a story about calling him while running around DC with cocaine. Wild.
Anyway, forgive my lack of a segue, but I sincerely think that the world is a better place due to Minor Threat. Thanks guys.


Comments
Post a Comment