4 - Government Issue "Legless Bull"
Is 10 Songs an E.P.?
I’ve always liked Government Issue. Not much to say besides that - let's just get into the notes.
Notes:
- Love that intro - but it has that Dude Ranch issue where it sounds like the punk beat is starting on the snare and not the kick.
- “Rock n Roll Bullshit” - this 80’s punk kid sarcasm is the most endearing shit.
- Track 4 rules.
- “Asshole Asshole!” lol.
- Last song is like the Dead Kennedys but rougher, in a good way. More scrappy, and I feel like it’s almost harder in a way. Lfg.
This album is cool - I think it’s the longest one (track-listing wise) in the catalog so far - not counting the two Minor Threat 7”s combined. I really respect what Government Issue did in later years - or at least I think I do. It's been a hot second since I've listened to it. Oh well, as long as they stayed on Dischord, I guess I’ll find out when I get there.

Comments
Post a Comment