1 - Teen Idles "Minor Disturbance"

What is up with teenage Ian Mackaye and all of these "minor" puns? I think I respect it, but you'd think one would be enough.


I’ve never been hugely into the Teen Idles, though I did like the 90’s pop punk band that stole and respelled their name as the Teen Idols. But that said, I’m definitely finding this enjoyable. It’s poppier than I remember. 

Notes:
  • The “thanks Henry” at the end of the first song is cute. 
  • Is the guitar solo in “Deadhead” supposed to be sarcastic? 
  • “Fleeting Fury” is gnarly. 
  • This record is very Dead Kennedys to me. 
  • The live track at the end perfectly exemplifies the fact that this was just four teenagers documenting their high school band without knowing what they’re actually doing. I love it.
All in all this was good. But truthfully I’ll probably just keep listening to the other Teen Idols from here on out ¯\_()_/¯ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 - S.O.A. "No Policy"

3, 5, 12 - Minor Threat "First Two 7"s" ("1st 7"" and "In My Eyes")

8 - Void/Faith "Split"